West Point Lighthouse
A must-visit destination for 2011, the renewed West Point attraction boasts many updates to ensure your visit is one to remember. Topping the list of enhancements for this year are:
- The Lighthouse Museum, with new displays among an extensive collection of lighthouse artifacts
- The renovated and expanded Inn with new furnishings and fixtures, featuring a walk-out deck with every room that overlooks the Northumberland Strait
- Enhanced dining experience with local products and seafood while overlooking the West Point harbour
- A 1,500m boardwalk along the dunes and interpretive trails meandering though this unique environment
- The re-appointed Light-keeper’s suite, restored to its former elegance.
And then, of course, there is the beautiful beach with lifeguards, the Cedar Dunes Provincial Park, the West Point Craft Shop and the expanded marina all waiting here for you.